The Powerpack Trust, is a charity committed to training and resourcing of children and children’s leaders worldwide. The Trust’s work continues to be in increasing demand, both in this country and overseas, particularly in Argentina and Thailand. Local leaders are embracing and developing the vision.
We are registered with the charity commission (1050323)
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains what to expect when Powerpack collects and uses your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact our team by e mailing email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using the contact form on our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to our team.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
• Visit our website.
• Volunteer with one of our teams.
• Purchase products or samples from our website.
• Contact us with an enquiry (by e mail, letter, website etc.)
• Subscribe to receive our newsletter update
• Make the generous decision to become a financial supporter of Powerpack.
• Act as a Powerpack Networker championing our work.
From other sources:
• We may use the Royal Mail’s postcode finder, National Change of Address update (NCOA®) or the electoral roll, to check the accuracy of the address we hold;
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth
• Contact details including postal address, post code, e mail and a telephone number.
• Product purchases
• Whether you are a UK Tax payer
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (e.g. your email address) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Sensitive personal data
The Data Protection Act recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to,
information which reveals your religious beliefs, health issues, race or ethnic origin.
Powerpack is a Christian charity committed to preserving its Christian ethos. Where necessary and consented to, we may collect details about your church affiliations and personal faith.
Additionally, we collect details about any health concerns or disability to make the necessary arrangements for volunteering.
Powerpack will always treat any sensitive personal data we process with greater care and process the information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
• To keep you informed about our work. Please see more details in the Marketing Permissions section of this document.
• To manage and coordinate our volunteers and team members.
• To keep you updated with information about the activities of the charity or of fundraising appeals.
• When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us improve and provide you with the best service.
• To seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
• Notify you of changes to our services
• For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission or those in loco parentis beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information. We will not store any data on those under 16 without permission from parent/guardians or those in loco parentis.
DONATING TO POWERPACK
Powerpack use a secure database to manage peoples generous financial support towards the charity. Powerpack manage Gift aid as well. If you make the decision to give to Powerpack then we’ll require donor’s details, for UK Tax compliance.
If you want to support Powerpack financially by setting up a standing order directly into the bank account Powerpack will give the Powerpack account number and sort code to set this up. Powerpack holds none of your personal bank details as this is set up between the donor’s bank and Powerpack’s bank.
Powerpack holds details for current supporters. If for any reason the supporter ends the no unnecessary details will be fully removed from all our systems, only UK Tax related financial details will be kept.
We love sharing news about how your support is impacting the lives of the children, teenagers and adults we work with. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, events, information on volunteering or jobs and prayer requests.
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email for marketing purposes.
Powerpack is committed to respecting your choice to receive information from us. You can always unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by:
• Calling our team on 012
• Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
• We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
• We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
• When setting up your financial support for Powerpack. We do not pass on any details we may hold about you.
Powerpack may be under duty to disclose your personal information where required in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Powerpack will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, Powerpack, will keep data for 6 years after a member of staff has left its employment or 3 years for unsuccessful candidates for jobs.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES.
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
• To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Powerpack holds about you.
• To correct or update your personal information processed by Powerpack.
• To request Powerpack to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
• To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone. Please see the Marketing permissions section for more information about how to change or update your contact permissions and preferences.
• To know about the cookies Powerpack uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device. Please see the Cookies section below for more information.
Here is a brief overview of the types of cookies we use on the Powerpack website, which consist of four categories:
• CMS cookies – our Powerpack website is created in a CMS (Content Management System) called WordPress, which places a small number of standard WordPress cookies on your computer as you use it. Additional cookies will be placed on your computer if you are an editor on one or more of these CMS systems (for example if you are a Powerpack staff member or an IT contractor).
• Cookies to improve your experience – we use a small number of cookies on our website to help you get the best experience. Similarly, the first time you load the Powerpack homepage, you will see a notice at top of the page about cookies. We place a cookie on your computer when you press ‘X’, so that you don’t see this notice in future. We may also embed YouTube and Vimeo films on our website from time to time. We are unable to prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information for example, number of views, plays, loads etc.
• Analytics – Examples include Google Analytics or Crazy Egg. Google Analytics cookies collect information about how visitors use a website and help us to continually improve our website. For instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Powerpack uses this data to help us to understand: which pages people visit on the site, which internet browsers are being used, what is popular on our website.
How to manage your cookie settings?
Many web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari, will allow some control over cookies through their settings. To manage your cookie settings, please refer to your browser software. For more information about cookies and how to delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Acceptance of cookie use
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Powerpack’s handling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Powerpack will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification.
This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Thank you from everyone at Powerpack for your fantastic support.